We are looking for a profile to lead our growing E4I team, to develop and deliver the Evidence for Impact strategy and to coordinate with the other research heads of the 2DII network.
It requires team and stakeholder management capabilities, a profound understanding of the current state of science and market trends as well as strategical thinking to develop and successfully implement the E4I strategy. This role is therefore a combination of team, stakeholder and project management as well as being able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders and educate them on the E4I deliverables.
2DII coined the concept of aligning investment portfolios with climate objectives three years before the Paris Agreement. In 2018, this culminated in the launch of the open-source Paris Agreement Capital Transition Assessment (PACTA) methodology and accompanying a free online tool to assess the climate alignment of corporate bonds and listed equities.
The logical next step, after measuring portfolio (and client) alignment with climate goals, is to move from reporting and measuring portfolio alignment to contributing to positive change in the real economy by implementing climate actions. 2DII launched its Evidence for Impact workstream to develop an Impact Management framework to guide financial institutions in the process of setting and implementing impact-oriented climate strategies. The framework will be accompanied by newly created turnkey tools that help FIs to apply the framework. All E4I outputs will reflect the current state of scientific knowledge and have the goal to assist financial institutions in maximizing their contribution to the climate transition.
In April 2020, 2DII launched the Evidence for Impact (E4I) Working Group with 45 participants, the majority of whom are financial institution representatives. It also includes academics, think tanks, NGOs and supervisory representatives. The working group has the objective to push the market towards evidence-based target setting, be vocal about applying best-practices, and function both as role models as well as disseminators of the Impact Management framework and related tools.
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an international, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals. We have been developing tools for the financial sector to better understand the impacts of climate change on the financial sector. This is available free of charge as a climate scenario analysis tool at www.transitionmonitor.com.
Your main assignment will be to lead the Evidence for Impact team, manage the team, deliverable, and stakeholders, notably:
– Lead the growing Evidence for Impact team (4+ staff members)
– Lead, oversee, and coordinate the implementation of the Evidence for Impact (E4I) programme in line with the Evidence for Impact Strategy, and in coordination with the other research heads of the network
– Develop the Evidence for Impact strategy (with support of the co-head). Design, in consultation with co-head and other thematic Heads, Directors, and other critical stakeholders of the 2DII Network, the annual Evidence for Impact Strategy
– Manage external stakeholders, such as funders, E4I working group members, project partners, framework providers and others
– Lead and coordinate fund raising activities to ensure the implementation of the E4I stream strategy
– Review and validate all outputs of the Evidence for Impact research stream. In particular, assist and review the development of the impact management system and supporting tools for financial institutions as well as research reports and responses to (policy) consultations
– Report progress to the committee of directors – France, Germany and US
– Coordinate processes, research activities, funding opportunities with the other research theme heads
-Stay abreast of market trends with regards to financial institutions impact
– Thorough understanding of, or otherwise strong interest in, assessment and evidence for impact of financial institutions climate action, existing frameworks, and challenges
– Strong stakeholder management experience
– Strong project-management skills
– Experience in managing a team
– Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on being able to delegate tasks and lead a team
– Knowledge of and experience in climate-related topics, in particular climate metrics for financial institutions
– A scientific mind-set that knows how to analyze, summarize and translate scientific findings into a commonly understandable language
– Knowledge of product development or experience in managing product developers is a plus
– Experience in working for or with financial institution or impact framework providers is a plus
– Knowledge of key climate / energy related concepts (e.g. energy systems, electricity markets, GHG emissions accounting, etc.) is beneficial
– Knowledge of financial markets
– Willingness to apply even if you do not tick all the boxes!
We offer you:
– A dynamic team of developers, data scientists, research and policy analysts, and sustainable finance specialists passionate about the climate transition
– A mission that brings together technology and impact
– Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
– An environment for growth and collaboration with people from different backgrounds
– Competitive salary subject to experience
Interested in changing finance to tackle climate change? Contact us!
Ideally you join the Paris office team, but for the right candidate, location can be flexible.
Please send your application (CV without picture and brief cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date and salary expectations) to: email@example.com.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities. We provide equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.