FINANCE FOR TOMORROW
Convince, Mobilize, engage for
a more sustainable finance.
Committed for the future
Finance for Tomorrow therefore brings together all private, public and institutional players in the Paris financial centre who wish to commit themselves to a finance that focuses on a sustainable future and combines long-term investment with consideration of environmental and social challenges
Massively redirecting capital flows towards the energy transition is now a priority challenge, and Finance for Tomorrow has set itself the "Shift the trillions" guiding principle to scale up the change in scale of green and sustainable finance already underway.
- Differentiate the Paris Financial Center (make the Paris Financial Center an expert in sustainable finance at the international level).
- Consolidate synergies between actors, especially between the public and private sectors.
- Promote the Paris Financial Center on a European and international scale (by creating a brand, with Finance for Tomorrow).
At the end of 2015, the adoption of the Paris Agreement and the UN's sustainable development goals highlighted the enormous challenge of financing the energy transition.The Green & Sustainable Finance was launched in 2016 by Paris EUROPLACE, which supports and develops the French financial industry and promotes Paris as an international financial centre. In June 2017, the Initiative was renamed "Finance for Tomorrow" and became a branch of Paris Europlace. In June 2020, it had more than 75 members.
Nominated by the President of Paris EUROPLACE on the proposal of the Board of Finance for Tomorrow for a 2-year term, renewable once, our Chairman Thierry Déau is seconded by two Vice-Chairman : Jean-Jacques Barbéris and Bernard Descreux. He participates in the governance committees of Paris EUROPLACE and the Place Committee.
15 persons elected/coopted for 2 years
Define strategical orientations and ensure budget monitoring – meets every two months
Meets twice a year. Open to all members of the initiative. General Assembly format - Informative and consultative framework - Elects the Board and the President.
Committee for dialogue with associations and professional federations. 1 Executive Director, 1 Programme Manager, 2 Programme Officers and 2 interns.
The collective dynamic of Finance for Tomorrow is structured around a governance structure composed of two bodies and a president re-elected each year.
Composition of the Board
The new Board begins its mandate for the 2020-2022 period. It comprises 14 members, including the Chair and Managing Director, the 6 elected members, 4 ex officio members and 2 co-opted members. The composition of the Finance for Tomorrow Board is now as follows:
- Thierry Déau, Chairman of Finance for Tomorrow, Founder and CEO of Meridiam,
- Anne-Claire Roux, Managing Director of Finance for Tomorrow,
Two members co-opted by the Board of Directors of Paris EUROPLACE
- Jean-Jacques Barbéris, Vice-Chairmanof Finance for Tomorrow, Head of Coverage, Institutional and Corporate Clients at Amundi, Member of the Amundi Executive Committee,
- Pierre Ducret, Special Advisor to the Chairman of Finance for Tomorrow, Comptroller General, Climate Advisor to the Caisse des Dépôts Group,
Six members, elected from amongst six colleges representing the ecosystem of the Paris Financial Centre:
- Insurers & Institutional Investors: Erick Decker, Chief Financial Officer, Southern Europe and Emerging Markets, Axa
- Banks: Laurence Pessez-Hublot, Global Head of CSR, BNP Paribas,
- Asset Management Companies, Funds & Private Equity: René Kassis, Head of Private Debt, La Banque Postale AM
- Businesses: Anne Chassagnette, Chief Sustainability Officer, ENGIE,
- Consultancy and Rating Agencies: Emilie Béral, Executive Director - Methods, innovation, Quality & Issuer Markets, Member of the Executive Committee, Vigeo Eiris
- Others: Nicolas Rivard, Head of Advanced Data Services, Euronext
The Board also includes 4 ex officio members:
- Banque de France, represented by Jean Boissinot, Deputy Director of Financial Stability
- The French Ministry of the Economy and Finance, represented by Yann Pouëzat, Deputy Director, Corporate Finance and Financial Markets
- The French Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition, represented by Pascal Dupuis, Head of Department at the Commissioner-General for Sustainable Development
- Paris EUROPLACE, represented by Arnaud de Bresson, CEO
A team of committed and passionate people
that keeps growing !
Finance For Tomorrow
is also internationally committed!
Financial Centers for Sustainability
- Finance for Tomorrow co-chaired the FC4S - Financial Centers for Sustainability network from 2018 to 2020 with the Shanghai Green Finance Committee and hosted its Annual General Meeting in Paris in October 2020.
- Special partnership with the NGFS - Network of Supervisors and Central Banks for the greening of the financial system, with the secretariat provided by the Banque de France.
- Bilateral cooperation between France-China and EU-China on sustainable finance issues.
- Privileged link with our international Observers: Principles for Responsible Investment, UNEP-FI, ICMA, European Investment Bank, R20, LTIIA
- Regular interventions in major international conferences on climate, SDOs and biodiversity (COP26, IUCN, One Planet Summit, COP15, etc.).